We are currently recruiting for a well-known business based near Euston station who is recruiting for an Interim
Payroll Manager to join the business immediately on an initial 6 month contract with the opportunity to go permanent. Reporting into the HR Manager your main responsibilities will include but not
- Responsibility for the management of 2 payrolls (covering c1,000 employees in the UK
- 1 direct report
- As the payroll expert, responsibility for the provision of payroll advice and solutions including the provision of payroll expertise in any organisational projects.
- Responsible for all payroll year end procedures e.g. P11Ds, P60s, ensuring all statutory requirements are met.
- Responsible for managing and developing the Payroll Assistant, ensuring that objectives are set, reviews are regularly conducted, and that work is shared effectively within the team.
- Responsibility for ensuring relevant and robust payroll processes and procedures are in place including those between HR, Payroll and Finance.
- Ensuring the payroll function works cohesively internally with related departments e.g. HR, Finance. In particular, working closely with Finance to ensure payroll conciliation is completed to
- Providing accurate and timely information to internal clients (e.g. Finance) and external bodies/suppliers e.g. HMRC, pension & benefit providers, GAYE, etc.
- Responsible for the processing of Contract for Services payments via payroll.
- Responsible for the payroll process requirements for salary sacrifice schemes i.e. pension, childcare vouchers and cycle to work.
- Responsibility for maintaining confidentiality of employee data.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Extensive experience in a payroll management role, responsible for c1,000 employees (UK based), together with thorough up to date knowledge of current payroll legislation.
- Extensive experience of using payroll systems is essential, with previous experience of Northgate Arinso PSe desirable.
- The ability to think clearly and logically in order to answer complex payroll queries where the role holder will be seen as the expert (HMRC, statutory payments and deductions including SSP, SMP,
Tax and NI).
- Up to date knowledge on both HMRC RTI requirements and pension auto enrolment legislation and processes.
- Understands the process, legislation and HMRC requirements with regard to Contract for Services relationships.
- Understands the process, legislation and HMRC requirements with regard to salary sacrifice schemes.
- Have a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.